Monday, November 15, 2010

Very Good, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

Another delightful collection of amusing and entertaining stories of Bertie Wooster and his gentlemen’s gentlemen, Jeeves. This was the third Jeeves & Wooster work that I’ve finished and I would say it was better than Carry On, Jeeves but not as good as The Inimitable Jeeves. The primary reason it was better than Carry On was that Jonathan Cecil was the voice actor presenting the content (like with Inimitable). Although the stories were comparable to Inimitable (holding more variables constant), they were not quite as good. I felt some of the later stories were better than the earlier ones. Of course, diminished novelty is likely a factor given that one month ago I’d never experienced any Wodehouse and now several weeks later I have finished three similar works.
Regardless, great stuff, recommended and I’d probably read another but I’ll probably wait a bit more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous MrPopularSentiment said...

*Bertie

My dad used to read these to me when I was little, and I remember absolutely loving them! I've bought a couple of the books to read again, but I haven't gotten to them yet.

Have you seen the BBC TV series with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry? Laurie will always be Bertie for me :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger That which is called Darren said...

Thanks for catching the typo.

I haven't seen the series, but I know of it. It's on my list :)

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home