Tuesday, May 03, 2005

1492

Away, away, you have been banished.
Your land is gone, and given to me.
And here I will spread my wings.
Yes, I will call this home.
What’s this you say, you feel a right to remain?
Then stay and I will bury you.
What’s that you say, your father’s spirit still lives in this place?
Well, I will silence you.
Here’s the hitch, your horse is leaving.
Don’t miss your boat, it’s leaving now.
And as you go I will spread my wings.
Yes, I will call this home.
I have no time to justify to you,
Fool, you’re blind, move aside for me.
All I can say to you my new neighbor,
You must move on or I will bury you.
Now as I rest my feet by this fire
Those hands once warmed here, but I have retired them.
I can breathe my own air and I can sleep more soundly
Upon these poor souls,
I’ll build heaven and call it home.

-Dave Matthews

(those last two lines are some of my all time favourite)

1 Comments:

Blogger mush said...

These lyrics are well-worth reading, thanks for posting them.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home