Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Attached by Amir Levine & Rachel Heller

There is a reason I don't usually read self-help books and it is mainly because I don't find them helpful. More so, they are often filled with obvious statements, inaccurate drivel or faulty metaphysics/psychology. (The subtitle of this book is repellant to me.)
This only had some of the first and neither of the other two, so I gave it a shot. It should have been a one page document.
People have different attachment styles, these can change over time, and the different styles lead to different relationship dynamics.
Highlight for me was how people with an avoidant attachment style can pair with those with an anxious attachment style and how the behaviour of the other reinforces the beliefs of both.  A bad situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home